Hello there! Welcome to Scribble and Scrawl.
I am Somali K Chakrabarti – an avid blogger and a social media enthusiast, with an appreciation for language, art and culture. An Engineer with management qualification, I have been writing extensively, blogging and building online communities. After having worked in the corporate sector for sixteen years, I am now pursuing my passion for scribbling and scrawling to create meaningful content.
Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected. ~ William Plower
Blogging, I find, is an excellent medium of self-expression that gives a boost to creative thinking. My Aha! moment from blogging came when I received the best blogger award from Mr Vikram Chandra and Mr Amitabh Bachchan for Dettol- NDTV Banega Swachh India campaign and got an opportunity to contribute to the cause.
Scribble and Scrawl is a blog with ideas for Smart Living and Savvy lifestyle
Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. ~ Thomas Kinkade
As we grow and become worldly wise, our responsibilities towards self and others increase. We need to be socially and financially savvy, create good relationships, maintain proper health, and cope with the ups and downs of life. It doesn’t stop at that. We also need to broaden our horizon, balance career demands with self-fulfillment, expand our sense of purpose and meaning in life and strengthen the sense of connection with the society and the environment around us.
A smart way of living is aimed at making our life more efficient, controllable, integrated, productive, and it contributes to a well-balanced personality and overall well-being. A savvy lifestyle helps us to nurture our mind, body and spirit, know where our priorities are, and to develop an efficient mindset and a positive attitude.
Echoing this philosophy, Scribble and Scrawl is a blog with ideas and approaches for smart living and savvy and sustainable lifestyle, written with an aim to:
- Inspire, motivate, help readers in their personal development
- Give savvy ideas for managing personal finances
- Share experiences of travel and expose readers to different heritage and cultures
- Stimulate imagination and creativity
- Encourage readers to make conscious choices for a healthier environment
- Motivate readers to adopt smart, socially responsible and sustainable practices
- Showcase examples of innovation, and share stories of brands that I look up to
My objective is to write in a fairly simple and understandable way so that most people can relate to the writings, and be objective with the views articulated. I strive to motivate readers to take to a way of living that has a positive impact on the body, mind and spirit and help live a positive, healthy and fulfilling lifestyle.
A similar approach reflects in My book ‘Lei: A wreath for your soul‘, which is a collection of short poems to celebrate nature and reflect on life.
Here’s a sample preview.
My Blogging Journey
- Appeared in world’s Top 75 Self Improvement and Personal Development Blogs and Websites by Feedspot in 2016.
- Selected as one of the Top 15 Self Improvement Blogs in India by Baggout.com in 2015.
- Appreciation and comments from Dr Kiran Majumdar Shaw (Chairperson & MD of Biocon Ltd.) on the post : Building a ‘Responsible India.
- Retweet by Dr Kiran Majumdar Shaw of the post : Frugal Innovation – bringing Grassroot creativity to the Global stage
- Retweet by Dr Nirmalya Kumar (Member – Group Executive Council of Tata Sons) of the posts : Invisible Innovation in India, How Far Will The Jaguar Leap, Why Storytelling is a Powerful Business Skill
- Runner up entry for Lufthansa’s contest : Why the World is More Indian Than You Think
- Runner up entry for Digital India contest: Digital India – An Initiative To Transform Lives
- Runner up entry for Takeaway level Singapore contest : Vegetarian Fusion food in Singapore
If you like this blog or would like to spread the word around about any lifestyle products, innovative services, or initiatives to promote art and culture please leave a comment below or you may drop in a mail at email@example.com
I would like to keep the Blog Award Free and Challenge Free. Your visits, comments and likes are the best awards for me. No awards can surpass the perspective gained by interaction with wonderful fellow bloggers.