Hello there! Welcome to Scribble and Scrawl.
I am Somali K Chakrabarti – an avid blogger and a social media enthusiast, with an appreciation for nature, language, art and culture. An Engineer with management qualification, I have been writing extensively, blogging and building online communities. After having worked in the corporate sector for sixteen years in the field of business-technology consulting, I am now pursuing my passion for scribbling and scrawling to create meaningful content.
Creativity is the power to connect the seemingly unconnected. ~ William Plower
Blogging, I find, is an excellent medium of self-expression that gives a boost to creative thinking. I blend creativity with functionality to tell engaging stories. My Aha! moment from blogging came when I received the best blogger award from Mr Vikram Chandra and Mr Amitabh Bachchan for NDTV Cleanathon and got an opportunity to contribute to the cause.
Scribble and Scrawl is a smart-living and savvy Lifestyle blog
Our lifestyle is reflected in how we live, our home, health, our actions and interactions with others. The choices we make shape our life. A smart way of living is aimed at making choices for our overall well-being. A savvy lifestyle entails social and financial savvy, good relationships, proper health, coping with the ups and downs, balancing career demands with self-fulfilment, expanding our sense of purpose and strengthening the connection with the society and with the environment.
Advocating a holistic approach to living, ‘Scribble and Scrawl’ delivers insightful content with ideas to improve the quality of living. It covers:
Smart living choices for a positive, healthy and balanced lifestyle
Travel stories, exploring facets of culture, heritage and art forms of different places
Tips for managing personal finances
Leadership, mindfulness and personal development concepts
Sustainable practices and examples of innovation
My Blogging Journey
- Appeared in world’s Top 75 Self Improvement and Personal Development Blogs and Web sites by Feedspot in 2016.
- Selected as one of the Top 15 Self Improvement Blogs in India by Baggout.com in 2015.
- Appreciation and comments from Dr Kiran Majumdar Shaw (Chairperson & MD of Biocon Ltd.) on the post: Building a ‘Responsible India.
- Retweet by Dr Kiran Majumdar Shaw of the post: Frugal Innovation – bringing Grassroot creativity to the Global stage
- Retweet by Dr Nirmalya Kumar (Former Professor of Marketing at the London Business School) of the posts: Invisible Innovation in India, How Far Will The Jaguar Leap, Why Storytelling is a Powerful Business Skill
- Runner-up entry for Lufthansa’s contest: Why the World is More Indian Than You Think
- Runner-up entry for Digital India contest: Digital India – An Initiative To Transform Lives
- Runner-up entry for Takeaway level Singapore contest: Vegetarian Fusion food in Singapore
If you like the blog please drop a comment below. If would like to discuss any collaboration opportunities please drop in an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The media kit for the blog is available here.
Promotional content is subject to sponsorship fees.
I would like to keep the Blog Award Free and Challenge Free. Your visits, comments and likes are the best awards for me. No awards can surpass the perspective gained by interaction with wonderful fellow bloggers.