Horizon – A Tanka

Dissolving their

relative differences,

earth and the sky merge

together at horizon,

Image of absolute bliss!

© Somali K Chakrabarti

A Haiku is a Japanese poem consisting of 17 syllables in 3 lines, with 5 syllables in the first and third lines and 7 in the second.

I am travelling this week and will not have access to internet most of the time. This is a scheduled post. Thanks to all who visit the blog. I will check your posts next week.

Lei: A wreath for your soul  is a string of short poems reflecting on nature, life, illusion and inspiration.Lei

If you believe that any picture on the site infringes your copyright, please inform and it will be removed

20 thoughts on “Horizon – A Tanka

• April 23, 2016 at 7:57 am

Beautiful! Have you published poems?

• April 23, 2016 at 11:00 am

Really beautiful. And the picture goes well too !
    PS – I bungled migration of my old domain to new blog domain. The old one is ruined too. So please follow my blog here -sharingtidbits.wordpress.com/ (or clicking my pic) thanks 🙂

• April 26, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Oh that’s bad. I see you had to start all over again. Followed your new blog Nitin. Anyways it will pick up. I find it much easier with wordpress.com than with wordpress.org. Thanks for stopping by.

• April 24, 2016 at 1:30 am

Never seen such a blissful image though. Lovely thought…let us take inspiration from their merging.

• April 24, 2016 at 2:03 am

Such a beautiful concept! Two vastly different entities, coming together to create a harmony! I don’t know why it reminded me of the Bluetooth technology! 😀

Erickson, Motorola and I think Sony, (or was it Nokia?) these three competitors forgot their differences and invented a new technology, which was supposed to help devices of various brands and makes to communicate with each other. There was a famous king in Denmark called Harold Blatand, who used to dye his teeth in blue color and had joined all the warring tribes into one and built the country. They named this technology after him. The name Blatand means Bluetooth, hence the name.

I know, it’s an out of context story, but when I saw this image and tanka, it reminded me of this anecdote! 😀

• April 26, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Very interesting anecdote and an out of the box interpretation of the Tanka Rakesh. Thanks for sharing.

• April 26, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Well, if you see the Bluetooth icon, it’s H and B in Danish. It stands for Harold Blatand. I read it somewhere when BT technology was quite nascent.

• April 24, 2016 at 11:22 am

Beautiful. Sometimes the earth and the sky really merge to form a unique image…ethereal…:-)

Wonderful image and your words have complemented it perfectly…

• April 27, 2016 at 9:49 am

Superb image. I loved the line “Dissolving their relative differences”. We need to stress on “relative”. Such a deep meaning. We all are bound to have differences, that’s how its all been created. But taking a lesson from nature, as shown above, we can dissolve “relative differences” and move along in harmony. Well composed Somali, as always 🙂
    Best wishes