Space In A Relationship

By Somali K Chakrabarti

Relations need space

Image Credit

In continuation with the previous post on Relationships here is another one on a different aspect of relationship, which applies to both personal as well as professional relationships.

Gravity is known to attract, but other forces such as Dark energy (known as an unknown form of energy) work to push the universe apart. This analogy is extended for relationships.  Relations need optimal space to grow. While proximity helps a relationship to grow,  sometimes, distance may cause hearts either to grow fonder, and at times, too much encroachment into each others space may stifle a relationship.

What’s your take on relations and space?

Shifting arrays like

space, relations shrink or swell;

Sometimes, hearts

span a vast expanse to meet

At times, gravity repels!

** Tanka

Those of you who are interested  in reading about Dark Energy can refer to the links below

What is dark energy?

Is Dark Energy Really “Repulsive Gravity”?

A Haiku is a Japanese poem consisting of 17 syllables in 3 lines, with 5 syllables in the first and third lines and 7 in the second.

A Tanka is a Japanese poem consisting of 31 syllables in 5 lines, with 5 syllables in the first and third lines and 7 in the others.

Lei: A wreath for your soul  is a collection of short poems that combine elements of nature, philosophy, culture, science and spirituality. Take a peek here on Kindle Store.
Lei

If you believe that any picture on the site infringes your copyright, please inform and it will be removed

Please like or share if you enjoyed reading the post.

35 thoughts on “Space In A Relationship

• February 16, 2016 at 10:13 pm

I guess there has to be appropriate space in a relationship too, no matter how strong the bond is. After all, we all are different beings.

• February 16, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Agree 100% Somali. Just like that saying “too much of a good thing is also bad” so also we know “distance lends enchantment to the view”. This holds good for every relationship, whether spouses or children or any other. Often even children don’t like to be patronised and we hear “get off my back!” 🙂 Well written from you, very striking and and a reminder too. Thx

• February 17, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Some amount of space is always healthy for relationship. Even my daughter tells me not to patronize her. Thank you for sharing your views Kamalji.

• February 16, 2016 at 11:59 pm

I agree with @Alok and all the things look beautiful when done within the excess limit. So, the space of an individual should not be intruded and then relationships work wonders 😉

• February 17, 2016 at 1:32 am

Space is most crucial however close the relationship and strong the bond…

• February 17, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Absolutely Archana. Every relationship needs a breathing space. Thank you. 🙂

• February 17, 2016 at 6:58 am

Space is essential for a relationship to survive and prosper in a lively way. Obsessiveness is definitely detrimental to a relationship. There should be a balance between proximity and space as regards our relationship with our near and dear ones. You have raised a pertinent issue and dealt it well. Yes, too much gravity sometimes repels also.

• February 17, 2016 at 11:24 am

A fine Haiku poem.

• February 17, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Very well said …. every relationship should have its own space for the partners 🙂

• February 17, 2016 at 4:16 pm

Well we all need breathing space dont we?

• February 17, 2016 at 10:09 pm

It is often said ” if you love someone let him/her free and if it returns to you its your ” hence a space is required .. When things are done forcefully , they become duties and duties somewhere end .. Bdw well expressed loved it

• February 17, 2016 at 10:35 pm

That’s the acid test of a relationship I guess. 🙂 Thank you so much for stopping by.

• February 18, 2016 at 12:38 am

Beautiful haiku. I feel space is essential in a relationship but never let it grow into distance.

• February 18, 2016 at 9:35 am

We totally agree with you Somali.Brilliant Haiku.

Cheers,
    Sriram & Krithiga

• February 18, 2016 at 12:57 pm

I always asked space when I feel like suffocated, not only for myself to breath, but for the relationship to grow. Nice post 🙂

• February 18, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Yes it is needed for a relationship to grow. Thank you so much Aesantos. 🙂

• February 18, 2016 at 4:47 pm

Any close relationship is a constantly active with a throbbing life of it’s own. The space in it is what renders a sense of balance and serenity to it. A lovely thought indeed. 🙂
    Here’s hoping you’ll check out my blog too.

• February 19, 2016 at 12:10 am

Thanks a lot for stopping by Vidisha. Yes a space renders balance to a relationship. Will surely check out your blog. 🙂

• February 18, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Dark Energy!

During my school days, I once read a short story by Prof Jayant Narlikar in Marathi. It was about antimatter. I didn’t understand much then, but later when I understood things better, I got the concept. It was a Trojan Horse type tale with antimatter as the Trojans.

Dark Energy indeed sucks up the positive one and leaves a shell of happiness behind. Vedas refer to this phenomenon as Tamasik, which is essentially the same concept.

Lovely concept!

• February 19, 2016 at 12:27 am

Antimatter didn’t matter when it was taught to you. 🙂 Well I used to be fascinated by the concept of antimattter because as far as I remember, antimatter + matter would annihilate if they ever came together. I am not sure if dark energy is the same as antimatter. It may not be. The concept is that if gravity was the only force operating universe would shrink however that’s not the case as universe is supposed to be expanding. Some unknown form of energy (dark energy) causes the distance between heavenly bodies to increase. 🙂

• February 19, 2016 at 7:37 am

You are right. The universe is indeed expanding, in spite of all that gravity. I’ll go through those links you posted. Dark Energy indeed seems intriguing and I’m always attracted towards dark, anyway! 😀

• February 19, 2016 at 10:02 pm