The Digital era is expanding rapidly, bringing along with it a huge set of opportunities and its own challenges. Organizations, today, can no longer afford to stick to the Brick and Mortar model of doing business. At the same time, they stand to benefit with the use of digital platforms that provide them newer insights and new ways to reach out to their customers.
My appreciation for the opportunities, as well as for the underlying challenges comes from my experience of having spent a considerable portion of my work life in IT sector. My career in the IT sector had started with my joining one of the big IT service provider companies in India, before I moved to a financial services company to join the corporate IT group.
So, here I was on the other side of the table, responsible for overseeing the implementation of business transformation and data integration projects for different lines of businesses. My role had changed from consulting on or implementing IT projects for clients to getting the work done from vendor partners.
This gave me the opportunity to work with both big and small IT companies as the service partners. In the process, I got to know the difference in work practices as well as in the positioning of big IT service companies vis a vis small IT service companies.
From a client perspective, my observation has been that many smaller IT companies focus on developing niche skills and industry specific expertise, while the bigger firms have better proficiency in managing projects. For smaller or specific projects, it is at times preferable to deploy smaller firms, not only due to their cost effectiveness, but also for the fact that some of the smaller firms are very agile, and, in many instances, more responsive to changes.
The hands on skills that employees develop while working in smaller firms, often comes in handy in the long run. So working for such companies may help a person to gain experience in a specialized field.
While browsing through Great places to work in India, I came across this list of Top 5 Best Companies to Work for in India among Small Size Organisations in IT-BPM
1. Hitachi Data Systems – HDS offers information management and social innovation solutions. It focusses on data integration and analytics, content and cloud solutions
2. IntelliGrape Software Pvt. Ltd – Renamed as TO THE NEW Digital, the company provides digital transformation solutions for businesses by leveraging the power of web technology, digital marketing, content management and analytics.
3. McAfee offers security solutions and services to secure systems and networks and protect consumers and businesses from the latest malware and emerging online threats.
4. OSSCube Solutions –offers software development, customization and implementation of open source products, mobile development, social media development, and consulting & training services.
5. Tavisca Solutions Pvt. Ltd –provides technology solutions for travel industry.
The name TO THE NEW Digital, seemed unique and new to me. On exploring further, I found that TO THE NEW Digital, is a premium digital services company that combines the power of technology, analytics, marketing and content for digital transformation. It is a team of over 600 people which includes technology evangelists, social media experts, content specialists, and creative mavericks who have transformed businesses of more than 300 companies spread across 30 countries worldwide. TO THE NEW Digital is also a strategic partner of many global companies including Google, Amazon Web Services (AWS), YouTube, DataStax and MongoDB
With initiatives such as Make in India and Digital India gaining support and traction, as India spearheads towards the second phase of Digital transformation, such niche companies are likely to play a key role in aiding the Digital transformation.
This is a sponsored post.
If you believe that any image used on this site infringes your copyright, please inform and it will be removed.
Hey! Say what you want to. Please Like, Share and/or drop in a Comment below! 🙂