L’Oréal – Beauty For All

L’Oréal group, the world’s largest cosmetics company, is my brand for today’s #AtoZChallenge, for the theme ‘Brands that people identify with’.

A hair dye formula called Auréale, developed by Eugène Schueller, a young French chemist of German descent, led to the formation of L’Oréal, in 1920.

L’Oréal – Beauty for All

Starting with hair colour business, L’Oréal soon branched out into out other cleansing and beauty products.

With its promise of “Beauty for All,” the brand is on a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to everyone around the world.

To adapt quickly to the changing beauty trends, and remain relevant in a fiercely competitive industry, L’Oréal invests heavily into R&D in science and technology.

MakeUp Genius App on Itunes, launched by L’Oréal USA, is a smart move designed to enhance interaction with the brand. Using the App you can try on virtual makeup looks and products on yourself and see what you would look like with different makeup products, without having to visit a makeup counter.

L’Oréal You're worth it

Because You’re Worth It

This signature phrase, “Because I’m worth it“, has struck a chord with women since it was written in 1973, when the spirit of feminism was in full swing. It depicts the spirit of a woman, her  self-confidence, decision and her style.

The L’Oréal brand communications are focussed towards building emotional connections with consumers.

On the other side of glamour

L’Oréal’s acquisition of The Body Shop, did not augur well with animal rights activists, who called upon the shoppers to boycott The Body Shop, for abandoning their stand against animal testing.

The company has since then clarified that no animal testing for finished products has taken place since 1989. L’Oreal has invested significantly in alternative methods for chemical safety testing.

In 2014, L’Oréal made the commitment to ensure that none of its products are linked to deforestation, and to source 100% renewable raw materials by 2020.

L’Oréal currently markets over 500 brands and many thousands of individual products in all sectors of the beauty business and aims to win over another one billion men and women around the world.

You’re worth it because?

If you believe that any image used on this site infringes your copyright, please inform and it will be removed.

Hey! Say what you want to. Please Like, Share and/or drop in a Comment below!   🙂

If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to get new posts by email.

By: Somali K Chakrabarti

Hi there ! I am a management and leadership coach and a ‘çlinical blogger’. Well, that’s what my family & friends call me now ! Here, I tell stories of different brands, how people relate to the brands and the values, beliefs and emotions that they associate with the brands. Hope you enjoy reading my posts.

17 thoughts on “L’Oréal – Beauty For All

• April 14, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Hvnt seen their ad for any mens product.. Do they have any?

• April 14, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Yes they do have. U could try out their App on iTunes and see the makeover for yourself. 🙂

• April 14, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Great idea telling the stories of brands. Very interesting. I didn’t know L’Oreal had acquired Body Shop. I’ll have to let my sister know about this blog as she’s a cosmetician . .. don’t know if she knows of the app.

• April 15, 2015 at 3:55 am

Thanks for your kind words Michael. LÓreal had purchased Body Shop in 2006. Customers were concerned that Body Shop had compromised on its ethics, but Body Shop founder Anita Roddick had, at that time, suggested that Body Shop would be able to help LÓreal become more ethical and sustainable. Now LÓreal is also stressing on buying ingredients from from environmentally and socially responsible suppliers. It seems the acquisition has worked well.

• April 14, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Wow. Great info! I learned something today….I LOVE that! You’ve also inspired me. I just started The Menopause Fairy and am looking for sponsors. I like L’Oreal. Maybe I can contact someone in the company and see if they would like to be a sponsor for me! 🙂 Have a great day! 🙂

• April 15, 2015 at 4:04 am

Thank you so much Donna. Great to know that you got found the post inspiring. Hope you are able to find sponsors for The Menopause Fairy. I am hopping in to your site right away. Have a great day ! 🙂

• April 15, 2015 at 4:20 am

Oh really ! Haven’t seen these products in Mumbai. Will check out when i go to the supermarket next.

• April 15, 2015 at 6:13 am

I have heard a lot about L’Oreal the world famous brand of beauty products .After going through your excellent post I have gained much knowledge about it . Many thanks .

• April 15, 2015 at 6:14 am

• April 21, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Great info Somali … The loreal professional range is even better .

• April 21, 2015 at 2:13 pm